12 Steps to a Successful Massage
12 Steps to a Successful Massage:
- Choose the right oils: Before beginning the massage, verify if the person is prone to any allergies. Some people are allergic to specific contents in massage oils that could trigger various kinds of serious allergic issues.
- Start smooth: Use of any kind of oil like almond, grapeseed, or sunflower oil and spread it slowly. Regardless of the type of oil you use, warm it before you use it by placing it in a container of hot water. Rub a little oil between the hands before the massage as a direct application of oil onto the body may surprise the skin. The amount of oil used should be adequate for massage therapy.
- Have the right ambiance: A soothing massage needs the right type of ambiance for achieving deep relaxation. You can experiment by turning off lights or dim them or make use of candles. You could also make use of a fragrance incense or essential oil in the room. You could ask the person if he likes any specific type of music and plays them. Ensure to turn off the cell phones of both persons to avoid any distractions.
- Channel the positive energy: Ask the massage recipient to lie face down and ask them to breathe deeply. Place the hands gently on the body and keep your head calm to pass only positive energy to the body.
- Be specific: Some therapists try to eliminate the muscle tensions in the client’s body via various types of massage techniques but applied to the muscle group as a whole. They can be more specific by working on achieving the desired outcome for the recipient and also save themselves from tiring through the process.
- Warm-up: The warming up of muscles before beginning the actual massage is important for starting the process smoothly. Start with smooth strokes and apply gentle pressure on the muscles as you move forward in the session.
- Move smoothly: As mentioned above, you must start with gentle strokes and move smoothly while giving the massage to offer a soothing experience for the recipient. The use of soothing and flowing movements is important to offer a relaxed experience. Depending on the type of massage learned by the provider, the type of massage strokes may vary. One may concentrate on providing massage at distinct parts of the body while some other person may believe in offering massage to the body as a whole. Whatever may be the type, it is preferred to make use of both hands and forearms in flowing and smooth sweeps.
- Do not injure yourself: Many massage therapists tend to get injuries at specific parts of the body after some years of rigorous massaging. Ensure to take care of your thumbs, hands, elbows, shoulders, wrists while massaging.
- Work systematically: If the focus is on whole-body massage then start systematically from the back and work through shoulders, arms, neck, and then move to legs. It is crucial to know the reflex points in the body to provide a soothing effect. Stimulate the reflex points in the hands and feet to release endorphin hormones from the pituitary gland that offers a feel-good factor to the complete body.
- Go according to your instincts: Be alert and respect the signs in the body. If an area of the body goes red, then you may have to work specifically by feeling the movements.
- Take care of the patient’s discomfort: The key to successful massage is to ask the recipient about what are the outcomes expected and any specific area or type of massage needed to them. Do not casually enter any area without asking them as many massages can feel too intimate. Ask about the right amount of pressure to the body without any shock to the recipient.
- Finish encouragingly: Complete the massage with a nurturing feel that will relax the recipient to the maximum extent.
Advantages of a good massage:
A professional and experienced massage can aid in several benefits such as:
- A relaxing massage can hugely impact the body in reducing stress. If the message is effective, then the recipient will feel themselves being relaxed even after many days after the treatment.
- Relaxed muscles will promote smoothen blood circulation throughout the body. Enhancing the circulation can have several encouraging impacts on other parts of the body including decreased fatigue and managing pain.
- Massage is especially beneficial for eliminating and managing pain in areas like the lower back while also reducing the stiffness. A professional therapist has the capability to precisely target the root cause of the pain by following a regular and dedicated massage routine.
- A professional massage can relax and loosen the muscles that aid the body to return to its full range of motion.
- Stimulating the soft tissues in the body will aid in eliminating toxins via blood and lymph nodes.
- Massaging also can stimulate psychological soothing and enhance the mood. Resting with the relaxed and smooth flow of blood in the muscles will provide more sound sleep. It will make you feel fresh and less tired when you get up after sleep.
- As the lymph nodes are charged and toxins are eliminated, the natural defense mechanism will be rejuvenated to support the body.
People who pick to complement their healthcare routine with regular massages at a reliable center like Refuge Spa will not only get a relaxed experience at the wonderful ambiance of the spa but also relish the benefits and carry them for many days after completing the therapy.